Monday, May 14, 2012

R. Black

The book comes with 3D glasses as a few of his illustrations have been rendered 3D.

R. Black is the man behind some of the most memorable gig posters in the past few years. The book Futura documents his style of creating vector illustrations that are often quite dark.

There is an intro by Brian Ewing (remember I posted a review about his book here?), but there isn't much else in terms of interviews or notes to read. Which is a shame, since I like to read about the people behind the artworks and I like to know how they got started, etc. I did find an interesting interview with him online here, where he talks about his work.

Nevertheless, the work is AMAZING and as a visual history it is an awesome book. I definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...